Your cool new gamertag is:
A gamertag is a name or nickname of someone on a gaming platform. Gamertags come in all sorts of shapes, varieties and meanings. Yours can be funny, cute, cool, badass, etc. Luckily, we have everything you would ever want below.
After our lists of gamertags we’ll cover some interesting information on gaming name limits, how to change your gamertag, etc.
But first, let’s dig into the coolest names you’ll ever find!
Jump Ahead To These Cool Gamertags:
- Brostrodamis -- Bros game so hard, it’s crazy
- FishTacos -- I promise, I didn’t have fish tacos last night. That’s not why I’m playing on a toilet all day.
- HaughtHarry -- For the last time, Harry, your mom thinks you’re special and no one else.
- Grunyar -- Does this do it for you, because, it kinda does for me.
- PewPewYaDead -- You don’t stand a chance in the face of my pew pew shooter.
- Meatyourbeat -- I like big meat and I cannot lie
- Carl -- Carl, isn’t it past your bedtime? You’ve got an early morning yoga and latte appointment tomorrow.
- Dkinabox -- Like a bento box but a lot cooler.
- Batmon -- Let me tell you mon, this is the reggae life Batman we all wish existed.
- SaltyTears -- You’ll be salty after I’m done with you.
- BlowJab -- Is it blow first or jab first, I can never remember the order.
- WillFeral -- Have you ever met a feral cat, they’re fierce man. Don’t cross a feral cat, it’ll cut you.
- Tezzeret -- What the Egyptians would have built if they were gamers
- Slayzall -- We get it, you like to kill people, but your name will only get you so far.
- ThunderBunt -- My nickname after a few beers and Taco Bell.
- TasteTheRambo -- A lot less sweet thank Skittles and a lot more badass.
- BenAfflock -- Ben is a flock of peacocks raining blood and destruction onto his enemy.
- ChefBoyardee -- This is for all the chefs out there that put avocado on toast for their IG fam.
- PartyOnWayne -- Don’t tell me you don’t know this reference, if you don’t, please leave right now.
- CanklesBane -- Oh, you think cankles are your ally. But you merely adopted the cankles; I was born with them, molded by them.
- KittyCowBear -- Everything we love under one happy warm hug-filled roof.
- IHateKittehs -- Don’t lie to me, I said DON’T LIE TO ME!
- ChubbinLovin -- You want that chubbin lovin? You’ll have to come and get it, playa
- ShortBus -- Like a sawed-off shotgun but in bus form.
- FatNerd -- This is what my mom calls me, but, in like, a loving kind of way.
- StickyBoots -- I don’t want to know why they’re sticky but I kinda do want to know.
- JuiceBoxJam -- This is my jam, doesn’t Lizzo sing this song?
- JonnyAwesome -- But then Johnny went to the NFL then AAF then AAA.
- LickTheSpoon -- Do it, but do it only if you dare risk salmonella. This separates the men from the children.
- Kapoof -- And just like that I was gone, without a trace and you’re left with a dumb looking face.
Some like funny, but you obviously like badass gaming names so here are all the ideas you need to strike fear into the hearts of your enemy.
- GraveSlave -- We all get it, you took two cool words and combined them to make an even cooler sounding name. Congrats.
- PokiePunk -- If I poke you it’ll feel more like a punch because I don’t poke, I punch.
- SaltyScissors -- Don’t run with these salty scissors or else you’ll hurt yourself.
- Unbreakabull -- You’re not the unbreakable, because I will break you.
- KnewTooMuch -- We knew it would come to this, you now know too much and for that, you die.
- VietGnome -- Tell me war stories pop, of the gnomes in Vietnam.
- HarryDotter -- Just like Harry Potter, you’re a true dotter at heart.
- BlackStabbath -- If you turn your back on me, I’ll just stab ya. So there.
- WarDotCom -- Is war.com still available on the internets?
- TankNSpank -- Sounds like an all-out summer lake party to me.
Girls make up the majority of gamers on lots of platforms so we’ve curated a list of girl-specific gamertag ideas. After all, girls rule!
- UnicornFarts -- Girls don’t fart, but if they do, they only fart unicorn farts.
- DoraTheDestroya -- Don’t tell me Dora didn’t destroy it, because she did.
- LaserChick -- She shoots freakin lasers from her eyes.
- HealOKitty -- This is cute, may change later.
- JessisGirl -- I wish that I had Jessie’s girl!
- TubGirl -- This is me, in a tub, being a girl in a tub.
- FluhfyKitteh -- Everyone wanna snuggle a fluhfy kitteh, but that fluhfy kitteh will destroy you.
- Kissiz -- I only give kissiz, kissiz of death to my enemy.
- FlowerHoof -- Two words, the last two words you’ll see in this game.
- Baabarella -- Kind of like barbie but a lot more badass and definitely cuter.
- Moosalini -- A moose can be bad, you may think they only eat grass but they also eat a$$. Well, that didn’t come out quite right.
- Balzaq -- I think this is a town in Europe, isn’t it?
- OpraWindFury -- No one dare match the fury of Opra and her Wind Fury.
- Disembowel -- I try to stay away from any sort of bowel, even if it disses me.
- KnobGoblin -- Like a door knob? Really, is that what you’re going to go with?
- ChiliConCarne -- The last thing my toilet and you will see before you’re both destroyed.
- KarenYesKaren -- We all know Karen, you feel special, but to be super special you’ll have to beat the Super Karen in an all out battle.
- BadChicken -- This isn’t bad in the sense that you may get salmonella, but bad in the sense of ninja star throwing chicken.
- MyMaceUrFace -- Aren’t you clever, you put two and two together and came up with just the best gamertag I’ve ever read. Kudos!
- BloodSail -- It’s dark and foreboding, I kinda think something bad will happen but I’m not quite sure what.
This is the true OG list, look no further than these names.
- JarjarBlinkz -- We have to have the token Star Wars gamertag to satisfy the fans, damn you. Can we move on now?
- BattleBeater -- When I battle, I win. It’s in my name so it must be true, right?
- TurtleJuice -- See meme above for an example of what you will be facing when we do battle.
- TongueBerry -- This isn’t very scary, it’s just the color my tongue turns when I eat berries or a purple popsicle.
- Boomkin -- Boom goes the dynamite. Akin to the boom or boomin the kin.
- OwlPacino -- Say hello to my little furry friend.
- KungFuBarbie -- Barbies have become badass and can definitely kick your butt now.
- PainSlayer -- Does this mean you take away the pain? Because if you slay pain, I could use some of that.
- TartyToes -- Oh, you little tartytoes. Always sneaking around all sneaky like. Then bam, toes, it’s what’s for dinner.
- DirtyDenise -- Substitute Denise for your least favorite aunt’s name.
Xbox gamers can choose their own gamertags but the problem is we all need some ideas to come up with something thats not taken. That’s what we did here.
- FartGoblin -- This is the scariest thing I’ve read all day. Can you imagine a goblin farting and surviving to tell about it?
- StormCowz -- I think this is the Chic Fil A cow nickname is. He’s stormin you with cookies and cream milkshakes, chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. But DEFINITELY NOT on Sundays. That’s his rest day.
- TyraSpanks -- Don’t mind if I do, if I find Tyra Spanks, I’m game.
- LeggoMyAggro -- So creative we wanted to give you the creativity award for super creative new ideas. 🌟🌟🌟
- PartyGhoul -- This may not be someone you fear but it’s definitely someone you want to hang out with more.
- HulkRoguen -- Bad at acting, great at life. Reminds me of you in your school play.
- SnackySnacks -- You know you want the saltiest of snacks and if you don’t, you’ll get it anyway.
- Orkward -- I don’t mean to be orkward but do you want to be orkfriends?
- Hadouken -- Yes, we love Street Fighter! Should we jump off this game and play Street Fighter instead? Yes, I thought so.
- BigAxeDwarf -- I like big axe and I cannot lie, no other dwarf can deny.
Fortnite players are a special breed, that’s why we’ve developed this list of names specific for Fortnite gamers.
- DamnKids -- I know right, damn kids.
- DontFeedMe -- If you do, I turn from being a hangry killing machine to a sleepy snuggly puppy.
- Microphobia -- Death by a thousand very small and insignificant cuts.
- InternetTheExplorer -- I’ve explored the internets and found many great things. Namely, this, this and this.
- Lucîfîa -- All who enter beware for I am the king of death, master of pain, curator of your worst nightmare.
- DrFeelGood -- Well, isn’t this a breath of fresh air after Lucîfîa up there got us real down.
- MyExGirlfriend -- Oh no, down goes the morale again. This list is an up and down rollercoaster of emotion.
- SharksCare -- They do really care, have you ever gotten a hug from a shark and not thought to yourself “That shark really cared?”
- ImmaCutchu -- Not if you can’t catch me so see me run like Kipchoge.
- BearForceOne -- I think we’ve taken on too much weight to safely fly. We’re going to have to cut weight and that’s not going to be pleasant.
PS4 is my true love when it comes to gaming, this is where I tend to spend the most of my time and that’s why I’ve curated a specific list of ideas for PS4.
- HolyCowly -- Oh wow, this is my most super exclamation of excitement I’ve ever said.
- ParisHealtin -- What exactly is Paris Hilton up to these days, “does a quick Google search.” Oh yea, the same.
- Eviscerated -- I feel like a good alternative to this could be Elviscerated. I kinda like that better.
- BlackOrcDown -- Dramatic, emotional and courageous. That’s what comes to mind of this honorable Orc.
- ChuckNorcis -- How many fathers have named their son Chuck in honor of Chuck Norris? I want to know that stat.
- Orcahontas -- Sweet and spicy all mixed into one. But my guess is Orcahontas isn’t quite as attractive as Pocahontas.
- ClawAndOrder -- If you don’t follow my command I will demand order with my claw, my claw of justice.
- DrubbeArymore -- Sounds British, a dash of Harry Potter and a smidge of late-night drinking. If that’s your scene, go for it.
- WorgenFreeman -- How dare you mock Morgan like that, he owns a tremendous bee farm, the best you’ve ever seen!
- WhyNotCats -- That’s a great question. Why not cats? Let THAT sink in you heartless bastard.
You want to be clever, well here are some suggestions that have a great mix of uniqueness and creativity that you won’t find anywhere else.
- FlungPuPanda -- Every guy loves a gif with flinging poo. The idea of a poo-flinging panda is just too good to ever be real, the universe would explode if that were true.
- MageYaLook -- Well you read this so it worked, now give me your Rolex because I’m aesthetic.
- Hasselhoof -- Baywatch meets gaming. Oh, the analogies that expound yet maybe they’re best not to say.
- PunchyPunch -- All my enemies get the punchy punch, that’s what I bring to the table.
- Moofasa -- Why Moofasa, WHY! This is why I have scars from my childhood.
- MyNameDoesntFi -- This really only works if you get to the limit of the allowable username characters.
- JethroTroll -- This is what Jethro wanted, an army of trolls listening to his heady music.
- SaltyPretzil -- It’ll be a salty surprise, this salty pretzel of mine. It’ll come for you when you least expect it.
- Dilfdo -- I think this was a Lord Of The Rings character, but he was killed early on because an angry mob of women ravaged him.
- BowJob -- This is useful if you fit into one of three categories. 1) You make bows for a living. 2) You shoot bows for a living. 3) You’re able to extrapolate and add in the imaginary “L”
It’s not easy to come up with your own gamertag, regardless of whether you’re playing on Xbox, PS4 or any other platform. The truth is there are so many names already taken that you could come up with 10 original names and all of them would be taken.
That’s why we have some super helpful ideas in how to structure, modify, create and use gamertags in ways that others may not think of.
Here are some of our favorite tips:
- You be you: First and foremost you want to think of something that represents you as a person and no one else. What makes you special and unique and use that to your advantage. For example, you could think of two things that are unique to you and combine them into a name. Love Hawaii and Pizza? Perfect!
- Choose An Emotion: As you can tell from the list above we have different themes of gamertags depending on the emotional reaction you want from other players. Do you want them to laugh, be impressed, fear you, etc. This is a key point in coming up with a name. Check out the article on eliciting emotional responses via images. This is what you want to do with your name.
- Dig Deeper: There’s a saying in design and literary schools that your first few ideas will be crap. Get them out there and throw them away. Now, you’ll be ready to dig a bit deeper. That’s why we recommend sitting down with a pen and paper and coming up with 20 names off the top of your head. You’ll notice that once you get to #20 your ideas will have developed a bit more than during the first few.
- Play Word Games: You will notice from the list above lots of them are word games. Take an ordinary word or person or saying and tweak it to be a bit different. This does two things, one is that it makes the gamertag more likely to be available and the second is that it shows a bit about you as a person.
- Get Help: I’ve personally done this so many times. I’ve sat there trying to think of an idea for hours on end. Then, someone comes along and I tell them about my struggle and they immediately help and come up with something I never would. People’s brains think differently so if you feel like you’ve exhausted your ideas, ask a friend or family member for ideas.
That wraps up the coolest gamertag guide you will find online. Let us know in the feedback below how we did and what you ended up with, we’re curious to hear!