Perhaps you visited a website you’d like to return to and need to know how to check history on iPhone.
Or maybe you’d like to check the browsing history on your child’s iPhone to ensure they’re browsing responsibly.
Either way, we’ve compiled a guide showcasing how you can access that browsing history.
You can employ four primary methods to see your browsing history on an iPhone. They include checking your browser’s history logs, backed-up data, or your data storage information.
But if you want to view the browsing history of a loved one, it’s best to use advanced phone monitoring software. And Eyezy is the best software for the job.
This article will steer you through the different ways you can access the browsing history on your iPhone and more. Read on.
How To Check History On iPhone: Top 4 Methods
1. Check Your Browser History
The first and possibly most obvious approach is to access a history of your browsing activity in the browser itself.
Granted, not everyone uses the same browser. But as we’re talking about iPhones here, we’ll detail the instructions pertaining to the Safari and Chrome browsers.
Note that if the history has been deleted, you won’t be able to view it here. And should the user have placed their phone in private mode, the browser history won’t be displayed.
Viewing Browser History in Safari
Follow these steps to check your browsing history via Safari on your iPhone:
- Open the Safari browser app on your phone.
- Now, tap on the icon at the bottom that looks like a book.
- Then select the clock-like icon situated at the top.
- You should now see all your recorded browser history.
Viewing Browser History in Chrome
- Launch the Chrome browser app on the phone in question.
- You’ll see three dots at the bottom of the page. Tap on them.
- Now, swipe up on the screen to reveal the browser history.
- You should see a list of all the websites visited when using the Chrome browser.
2. Look at Stored Browser History In iPhone Settings
Your iPhone stores specific data to track your activity as you browse the internet. And you can access a list of the data stored from various websites you’ve visited through your phone’s settings.
Unfortunately, this won’t show you every website you’ve ever visited. But it will reveal a sizeable list, nonetheless.
Let’s look at what you’ll need to do to view this data.
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Look for Safari in the menu on the next page and select it.
- Scroll down to the option that reads “History” and tap on it.
- Now scroll down to “Advanced” and select it.
- Next, tap on the “Website Data” option.
- You should see a list of websites visited and the amount of data stored for each.
3.Check & Restore Browser History Via Data Backups
Most people have automatic Backups enabled on their phones. It’s a great way to prevent losing information should something happen to your phone.
Most iPhone users will back up to iCloud by default. However, some may prefer backing up to iTunes.
No matter where your backed-up data is, we can show you how to access your browsing history in a few simple steps.
Viewing Browser History with iCloud Backups
Following these steps, you can view and restore your backed-up browser history, including history you may have deleted.
But before you do, you must ensure you’ve backed everything up. This includes your most recent data and activity on the device. If not, you may lose some vital information in the process.
Let’s go through the necessary steps.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app and select “General” from the menu.
- Select “Reset” and “Erase All Content And Settings”.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm the action.
- Once done, go to Apps & Data in your Settings menu and select “Restore From iCloud Backup”.
- The next step is to sign into your iCloud account.
You can see your backed-up data via your iCloud account when the backup is done. And you’ll see your deleted Safari browser history in the backup files.
Viewing Browser History through iTunes Backups
Like iCloud, you can back up your iPhone data to iTunes, as many do. This also allows you to view and restore your browser history, including what you’ve deleted.
However, when old backup data is restored via iTunes, your new backup data might be erased. So, think carefully about whether restoring the information will benefit you.
These are the simple steps you’ll need to follow:
- Use your USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Then open the iTunes app. Those using a Mac PC should open the Finder app instead.
- In the app interface, you’ll see a small mobile phone icon. Click on it.
- Click the “Restore Backup” button near the bottom of the following screen.
- Now go through the backed-up data and select the file to which your browser history is saved.
- Next, choose “Restore” from the available options to initiate the data restoration.
4. Check Browser History Using Phone Monitoring Software
Viewing deleted browser history on any device is easy when you have specialized phone monitoring software at your fingertips. And Eyezy is the perfect phone monitoring solution for your browser history conundrum.
Not only will Eyezy allow you to view deleted browser history with ease and monitor activity across the device. In fact, there’s so much this software can do that keeping your loved ones safe has never been easier.
Let us break down some of the core features Eyezy has to offer:
- Monitoring of browser activity and history
- Detailed call logs
- Access to messages received and sent
- Recording of keystrokes on the device
- Social media monitoring
- Activity screenshots
- Location tracking
- And more
So, what must you do to get the Eyezy app to access that deleted browser history? We’ll show you.
How to Set Up the Eyezy App
Setting up the Eyezy app is relatively straightforward. But you will need access to the target phone to complete the set-up.
These are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Hop onto the Eyezy website to register your account.
- Download the Eyezy app to your device.
- Get hold of the target phone (You’ll need a minute or two to complete installation).
- Open the Eyezy app on your device and tap the plus sign icon to link the devices.
- Either send an installation link to the target phone or scan a QR code on your phone with the target phone (Remember to delete the installation link message when done).
- Place the target phone back where you found it and start monitoring.
You can view your loved one’s browser history from the account dashboard on the Eyezy website. Or you can monitor browsing activity via your device on the go.
1. Where Are An iPhone’s Browsing History Settings?
You’ll find the browsing history settings in the Settings app under “Safari”. Here you can view the data stored from your Safari browsing history and manage browsing settings.
2. How Do I Delete My Safari Browsing History On An iPhone?
Simply open the Settings app and scroll down to the Safari option. Tap on it to open the browsing history settings.
To delete your browsing history, cache, and cookies, select the “Clear History and Website Data” option.
3. Is My Deleted Browsing History Gone Forever?
Not necessarily. When you delete browsing history from your phone, you only remove it from that device.
Safari browsing history will have been backed up to iCloud, where you should still be able to retrieve it.
Google Chrome browsing history is stored on Google’s servers and is still accessible through your Google account.
No matter the reason for wanting to check someone’s history on iPhone, the easiest way to do it is through Eyezy . But for a record of your own browsing history, you need not look any further than your browser, settings, or backup data.