You might have heard of the video game WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 if you are a fan of professional wrestling games.
Released in 2009, this game is the eleventh installment in the series and offers a variety of features and gameplay options for wrestling enthusiasts.
One of the highlights of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 is the extensive roster of WWE Superstars, Divas, and Legends.
With over 60 playable characters, including 23 new additions such as Batista, Big Show, and Kofi Kingston, players can create their dream matches and storylines.
The game also features customization options and various modes, such as Career Mode and Royal Rumble, providing hours of entertainment.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of the WWE franchise or a casual gamer, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 has something to offer.
With its authentic simulation of WWE programming and diverse gameplay options, it’s no wonder why this game is still beloved by many wrestling fans today.
Game Modes For Smackdown Vs Raw 2010
SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 features several game modes that offer different experiences for players.
Each mode has its own unique features and challenges.
Career Mode allows you to create your own wrestler and take them through the ranks of the WWE.
You can customize your wrestler’s appearance, moveset, and attributes to create a unique character.
As you progress through your career, you will compete in matches and earn experience points that can be used to improve your wrestler’s abilities.
In Career Mode, you will also have the opportunity to participate in storylines and rivalries, which can lead to championship matches and other rewards.
Your decisions and actions in these storylines will affect your career path and the reactions of other wrestlers and fans.
Multiplayer Mode allows you to compete against other players in local or online matches.
You can choose from a variety of match types and customize the rules to fit your preferences.
Multiplayer matches can be played with up to four players, and you can also team up with other players to form tag teams or factions.
In addition to traditional matches, Multiplayer Mode also includes special match types like Royal Rumble and Championship Scramble, which add new challenges and strategies to the game.
Training Mode allows you to practice your skills and learn new moves without the pressure of a real match.
You can choose from a variety of training exercises, including grappling, striking, and submission drills.
Each exercise has its own set of challenges and objectives, and completing them will improve your wrestler’s abilities.
Training Mode is a great way to learn the game mechanics and improve your skills before diving into Career Mode or Multiplayer Mode.
It also provides a fun and challenging way to test your abilities and compete for high scores.
Overall, SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 offers a variety of game modes that cater to different play styles and skill levels.
Whether you’re a casual fan or a hardcore wrestler, there’s something for everyone in this game.
Create A Wrestler
In WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010, you have the ability to create your own wrestler and customize their appearance, moveset, and entrance.
The Create A Wrestler feature allows you to choose from a wide variety of options to create a unique character that fits your style.
You can choose from different body types, clothing, tattoos, and even create your own logos.
Additionally, you can customize your wrestler’s moveset and create your own finisher.
You can choose from a variety of moves and create a sequence that suits your character’s style.
This is a great way to make your wrestler stand out and add a personal touch to your gameplay experience.
The Story Designer in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 allows you to create your own storylines and rivalries.
You can choose from a variety of cutscenes and create your own dialogue to create a unique and engaging story.
This feature adds a new level of depth to the game and allows you to create your own universe within the WWE.
The Royal Rumble is one of the most iconic matches in WWE history, and in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010, it has been revamped with new features.
The Royal Rumble now features mini-games and Royal Rumble Finishers, making the elimination system more realistic and life-like.
This adds a new level of excitement to the match and makes it a must-play for any WWE fan.
Overall, the special features in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 add a new level of customization and depth to the game.
The Create A Wrestler feature allows you to create a unique character, while the Story Designer lets you create your own storylines and rivalries.
The revamped Royal Rumble adds a new level of excitement to the game and makes it a must-play for any WWE fan.
Reception And Reviews
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 received generally positive reviews from critics.
The game’s graphics, character models, and animations were praised, as was the improved Create-a-Superstar mode.
The game’s Road to WrestleMania mode, which allowed players to experience different storylines with different characters, was also well-received.
Some critics, however, criticized the game’s lack of innovation and the fact that it was very similar to its predecessor.
The game’s online mode was also criticized for being buggy and unreliable.
Here are some of the reviews from various gaming websites:
- GameSpot gave the game a score of 8.0/10 and praised the game’s improved Create-a-Superstar mode and Road to WrestleMania mode, but criticized the game’s lack of innovation and the online mode’s bugs.
- IGN gave the game a score of 8.5/10 and praised the game’s graphics, animations, and character models, as well as the improved Create-a-Superstar mode.
- However, they also criticized the game’s lack of innovation and the fact that it was very similar to its predecessor.
- GamesRadar+ gave the game a score of 4/5 and praised the game’s Road to WrestleMania mode and the improved Create-a-Superstar mode.
- They also praised the game’s graphics and animations but criticized the game’s lack of innovation and the online mode’s bugs.
Overall, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 was a solid entry in the series that improved upon some of the previous game’s shortcomings.
While it was criticized for its lack of innovation and buggy online mode, the game’s graphics, animations, and character models were praised, as was the improved Create-a-Superstar mode.
If you’re a fan of professional wrestling, you’ll definitely want to check out WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010.
This game is the eleventh overall installment in the video game series based on the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) promotion.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- The game features an impressive roster of wrestlers from both the SmackDown and Raw brands, including legends like Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, as well as current stars like John Cena and Randy Orton.
- One of the standout features of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 is the Road to WrestleMania mode.
- This mode allows you to play through a series of storylines that culminate in a match at WrestleMania, the biggest event of the year for WWE.
- Another fun mode to check out is the Create-A-Superstar mode.
- This mode allows you to create your own wrestler, complete with custom moves, entrance music, and more.
- The game also includes a variety of match types, from standard one-on-one matches to more unique options like the Royal Rumble and the Elimination Chamber.
- If you’re looking for a challenge, be sure to check out the game’s achievements.
- There are 25 achievements to unlock, ranging from winning a match with a specific wrestler to completing certain challenges in the game’s Story Designer mode.
Overall, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 is a must-play for wrestling fans.
With its impressive roster, engaging game modes, and challenging achievements, there’s plenty to keep you entertained for hours on end.